Saturday, October 24, 2009

Grapes with Goat Yoghurt and Brown Sugar

My mother used to make a very simple dessert she called 'Russian Grapes'. It was basically green grapes, sour cream and a sprinkle of brown sugar on top. Now, I'm not sure what makes that dish Russian, but I always really liked it. I had a Mexican friend who made a similar dessert with fresh strawberries, and topped them with the Mexican crema and sprinkled them with brown sugar. So, since I have a bunch of red grapes, and I just love goat yoghurt, I gave made an adaptation of this, and I am loving it! The easiest dessert ever....and simple, healthy and pretty. So, do you really need a recipe? Oh, and for those of you who ask me if I style my food when I'm at home cooking, these photos I took should answer that question. Hey, I just want to make some food that I like to eat! Enjoy!
(Okay, here's what I did, for those of you who want a recipe....
Grapes and Goat Yoghurt
serves 4
2 cups washed red grapes
1/2 cup plain goat yoghurt
1/4 cup brown sugar
-------------------------
Wash grapes and divide into 4 cups. Drizzle each cup with 2 Tablespoons goat yoghurt and sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon brown sugar.)

No comments:

Post a Comment